Implant Supported Dentures
Traditional dentures can be ill-fitting, uncomfortable, and can even impede your ability to speak properly or chew certain foods. At The Art of Dentistry, we offer a state-of-the-art alternative to traditional dentures known as implant supported dentures. Characterized by their natural look and high degree of stability, implant supported dentures can restore the look and function of your teeth. With this advanced technique, our cosmetic dentist, Dr. Robin Rutherford, can help you achieve your goals and improve your smile.
Benefits of Implant Supported Dentures
Implant supported dentures, also referred to as implant anchored dentures or mini dental implants, are fastened to titanium posts implanted into your gum tissues. This cosmetic dentistry technique provides a number of benefits over other oral restoration methods, including:
- Greater security – The chance of slippage while you talk or eat is significantly reduced.
- No need for oral gels or adhesives – Your dentures will be held in place by implants.
- Enhanced aesthetics and comfort – Your dentures will be custom-designed to fit comfortably in your mouth for a more natural look and feel.
- Increased eligibility – Implants are rooted into gum tissues so issues such as jaw bone density (a requirement for full dental implants) do not typically factor into your eligibility to receive implant supported dentures.
- Long-lasting results – Implant supported dentures are durable and can last a long time with the proper care.
Implant Supported Dentures Procedure
As a minimally-invasive procedure, implant supported dentures can often be inserted during a single visit to our office. During your procedure, Dr. Rutherford will implant small titanium posts into selected gum tissues, leaving a portion of each post extending out from the top of your gums. He will then secure your custom dentures to the tip of each post to ensure the greatest degree of stability. Treatment times may vary, but downtime and recovery is often relatively minimal. Following your procedure, Dr. Rutherford will discuss how to care for your implant supported dentures to achieve the most effective and longest-lasting results.
Contact Our Cosmetic Dentistry Practice
For more information on implant supported dentures, or to learn about our other cosmetic dentistry treatments and procedures, please contact The Art of Dentistry. Our experienced staff will answer any of your questions and help you schedule a consultation with Dr. Rutherford.