A smile makeover can be a good solution for patients whose teeth or gums are affected by cosmetic or functional issues. If you wish to enhance the appearance of your smile with beautiful results, this procedure may be the ideal option for your needs. This treatment is completely customized and tailored to suit your individual goals using a combination of cosmetic and restorative procedures. See how a Smile Makeover can help your smile light up a room!
What Is A Smile Makeover?
A smile makeover is designed to comprehensively enhance the form and function of your smile. By combining a number of cosmetic and restorative dentistry procedures, you can repair and improve many common smile imperfections simultaneously. Each smile makeover is personalized to meet the unique needs of the patient in order to provide results that look healthy and beautiful.
What Can A Smile Makeover Do?
Smile makeovers can provide a wide number of benefits, depending upon the customized treatment plan chosen by you and our dentist. Common dental issues addressed with a smile makeover include:
- Stains or discoloration
- Worn or “short” teeth
- Gaps and spaces
- Excess gum tissue or “gummy smile”
- Missing teeth
A smile makeover can even be used to correct mild tooth misalignment in some cases. During the consultation process our experienced cosmetic dentist, Dr. Robin Rutherford, will perform an oral examination, listen to your individual goals and expectations, and recommend a treatment plan that can help meet your needs.
What Are My Smile Makeover Options?
Once your teeth and gums have been evaluated by Dr. Rutherford, he can explain the dental procedures that can be part of your Smile Makeover. This treatment is customized to suit your specific needs; therefore, any of the options below may be included in your treatment plan:
- Teeth whitening is used to reduce or eliminate stains and discoloration. This can be done with professional products provided by our office for your use at home, or you can schedule an appointment to be seen for an in-office whitening treatment for more immediate results.
- Porcelain veneers are thin, yet durable shells that are affixed to the front of teeth that have been affected by chips, cracks, spaces, or gaps. They are custom-designed for the most natural fit and appearance possible.
- All-porcelain crowns are used to repair a tooth severely marred by decay or damage. Their color allows them to blend amongst surrounding teeth.
- Gum reshaping can be selected to eliminate excess gum tissue that is hiding your teeth, helping to improve the proportions of your smile.
- Dental implants are used to replace missing teeth while restoring your ability to chew and speak with ease.
Each of these options offers unique benefits to improve the health of your teeth and gums and enhance the overall appearance of your smile.
What Can I Expect During The Smile Makeover Procedure?
Just as each smile is unique, so is each smile makeover. The combination of cosmetic and restorative dentistry treatments used to transform the appearance and function of your smile will be decided upon during your one-on-one consultation.
Depending upon the number of treatments chosen and the extent of each procedure, the number of office visits required to complete your smile makeover will vary. At The Art of Dentistry, we also offer sedation techniques to maximize the comfort of patients who may feel anxious about dental work. A smile makeover has the ability to completely transform the appearance of your smile, and oftentimes our patients experience a boost of confidence after the procedure.
How Much Does A Smile Makeover Cost?
After meeting with Dr. Rutherford for a Smile Makeover consultation, he will create a treatment plan to meet your dental needs. The total cost of a Smile Makeover will range based on the procedures you select. Other variables that will be factored into the total cost include:
- The specific teeth (molars, front teeth, etc.) that are affected by imperfections
- The number of teeth being treated
- How much tooth preparation will be needed for treatment
- Any laboratory costs for customized restorations
Once the treatment plan has been developed, a member of our team will generate a total cost estimate of your treatment plan and review your payment options. If you would like help navigating your insurance benefits, or if you are interested in the dental financing options we offer at our practice, we will be happy to assist you.
How To Choose A Smile Makeover Dentist
If you are considering a Smile Makeover, the first step is to contemplate whether the dentist you are considering is qualified to perform this treatment and what kind of results they are able to deliver. Be sure to do some research and review their education, credentials, experience, and cosmetic dentistry before-and-after photo gallery, if one is available. Dr. Rutherford has been ranked in the top one percent of dental practices across the nation. He has attained more than 400 hours of continuing education and has been recognized for top dental services with numerous awards. Dr. Rutherford is an active member of many professional dental organizations and has been voted as the “Best Dentist in Odessa” by the Odessa American Readers’ Choice poll. If you choose Dr. Rutherford for your Smile Makeover, you can be sure that he is committed to delivering beautiful results.
To learn more about smile makeovers, please contact The Art of Dentistry to schedule an appointment with Dr. Rutherford.